As the largest trade association in the U.S., the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) advocates every day on behalf of the nation's 1 million REALTORS® and 75 million property owners. NAR is widely considered one of the most effective advocacy organizations in the country.
NAR represents residential REALTORS® and commercial practitioners involved in all facets of the industry as brokers, sales agents, property managers, appraisers and counselors. NAR advocates policy initiatives that promote and protect a fundamentally sound and dynamic U.S. real estate market fostering vibrant communities.
Download the NAR 2016 Public Policy Priorities
2016 Strategic Advocacy Priorities
- We support private property rights, quality of life for our communities, and help shape public policy on housing related issues.
- Fully engage and leverage the power and influence of all stakeholders – including consumers – who benefit from our current real estate market.
- Educate the membership and public on real estate related political issues.
Inform membership and public on candidates real estate related platforms.
- Create a culture of informed stakeholders (REALTORS®, Property Owners, Chamber, BANCF, tenants, investors, etc.) that are ready to support GACAR calls-to-action.
- Give REALTORS® and other stakeholders who ascribe to the REALTORS® Party positions the opportunity to direct, develop, and influence public policy.