The National Association of Realtors® recently launched Fairhaven, a multi-perspective, interactive fair housing training platform, to help Realtors® navigate and address potential fair housing issues and violations they may encounter while conducting business. As established in its Code of Ethics, NAR prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin. The learning objectives of the training are as follows:
- Identify potentially discriminatory conduct by agents, clients, and others involved in real estate transactions.
- Apply fair housing principles and practices to prevent or address discriminatory conduct of those involved in real estate transactions.
- Recognize that implementing inclusive business practices will benefit their reputation and bottom line.
- Recognize the risks associated with engaging in discriminatory conduct.
- Recognize the impact of discrimination in the real estate market on real people’s lives.
*NAR login information required, click here to retrieve your login credentials