Delivered via Live Stream Only.
Chances are if you haven’t experienced a seller who is getting a divorce, recently passed away, or has their ownership in a trust, you will soon. Florida is a retirement center for many throughout the world, so it’s common to run across many forms of ownership like some of the ones we will be discussing. In addition, circumstances arise for the need to sell a house in many divorce cases. But who really owns the house? And what rights do the survivors and spouses have? Let’s dive deeper and explore.
NOTE: This course is not designed to give legal advice. Please refer customers to their legal counsel. This course is merely to assist the licensee in the overall process of the transfer of property and the legal entities of ownership.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to
- Define Identify how to handle conveying a property when a seller has recently passed away.
- List the timeliness and requirements of probate.
- Determine which person has the legal right to represent the decease person in a probate estate.
- Explain how to handle a life estate ownership.
- Differentiate between marital statuses in Florida and how to handle them when selling a house.
- Identify the signatures required when selling a property owned by a corporation.
- Specify what the term “etal” means and how it affects the ownership of real property.
- Know how to handle the sale of a property where a reverse mortgage has been obtained.
- Differentiate the ways to take title to real property in Florida.
*If the Board deems it necessary for safety reasons to hold courses via a virtual platform, please see the virtual attendance policy below:
Attendees on virtual platforms must have video capability and be visible during class. **NO EXCEPTION** If you do not have video capability, please contact our office.
Phone attendance is not allowed via virtual courses unless attendee is visible via video.
Attendees must use their first and last name when signing into the class. For assistance, please contact the course administrator.