Wednesday, March 17, 2021
01:00 PM - 03:00 PM
Gainesville-Alachua County Association of REALTORS®
1750 NW 80th Blvd
Gainesville, FL 32606
Course # 0025036
Instructor: Cynthia DeLuca
2 CE SPE
Members with "RE CLASS PASS" - $0
Members at regular price - $20
Maybe you’ve heard the term before. Maybe you had a seller who said it applied to them. So, what does being “grandfathered in” really mean? Together, let’s explore how this affects our sellers when they choose to sell, how this will affect the buyers who purchase the property, and how we can protect ourselves from potential liability with disclosures and verifications. Let’s look further into the statement “But I’m grandfathered in."
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
- Identify how the term “grandfathered” in affects sellers, buyers and real estate professionals in the transaction.
- List the priority items to look for in a zoning search and review for a customer.
- Determine how zoning classifications differ based on the governing jurisdiction over the property.
- Understand the importance of a buyer verifying the zoning prior to the purchase and where to confirm.
- Explain how to handle a non-conforming lot use.
- Identify what a variance is, how it is granted, and how it affects the customer. • Differentiate between an area variance and a use variance.
- Know the options available through forms for zoning change requests
*If the Board deems it necessary for safety reasons to hold courses via a virtual platform, please see the virtual attendance policy below:
Attendees on virtual platforms must have video capability and be visible during class. **NO EXCEPTION** If you do not have video capability, please contact our office.
Phone attendance is not allowed via virtual courses unless attendee is visible via video.
Attendees must use their first and last name when signing into the class. For assistance, please contact the course administrator.